location redirect
This is a demo of a seamless insert of an Icecat LIVE product data-sheet in your website. Imagine that this responsive data-sheet is included in the product page of your webshop. How to integrate Icecat LIVE JavaScript.

Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black

Brand:
The general trademark of a manufacturer by which the consumer knows its products. A manufacturer can have multiple brand names. Some manufacturers license their brand names to other producers.
Lenovo Check ‘Lenovo’ global rank
Product family:
The product family is a generic trademark of a brand to indicate a very wide range of products, that can encompass multiple categories. We include product family in the Icecat product title.
ThinkPad
Product series:
Product series is a brand's indication, often indicated by round numbers like 3000, that identifies a group of products within one category that are technically very similar. We don't include product serie in the Icecat product title on a product data-sheet to avoid confusion.
T
Product name:
Product name is a brand's identification of a product, often a model name, but not totally unique as it can include some product variants. Product name is a key part of the Icecat product title on a product data-sheet.
T490
Product code:
The brand's unique identifier for a product. Multiple product codes can be mapped to one mother product data-sheet if the specifications are identical. We map away wrong codes or sometimes logistic variants.
20RYA00FCD
Category:
A laptop, also known as a notebook, is a portable computer. When you are looking for the right laptop, it is important to know where you are going to work with it. Do you want to use it on the road? Choose a model with a special energy-saving 'mobile' processor, a good battery and a reasonably small display. This will allow you to work longer with the same battery and saves you the trouble of carrying around a large display that consumes a lot of precious battery power. Or will you be using you laptop mainly in places where you will have access to a power outlet? Then choose a desktop processor (more processing power for less money) and an ordinary battery. This will save you a lot of money, which you could then spend on a bigger screen. You'll work faster because you can view more information at once and it's great for multimedia!
Laptops Check ‘Lenovo’ global rank
Icecat Product ID:
The Icecat Product ID is the unique Icecat number identifying a product in Icecat. This number is used to retrieve or push data regarding a product's datasheet. Click the number to copy the link.
Data-sheet quality: created/standardized by Icecat
The quality of the product data-sheet can be on several levels:
only logistic data imported: we have only basic data imported from a supplier, a data-sheet is not yet created by an editor.
created by Lenovo: a data-sheet is imported from an official source from a manufacturer. But the data-sheet is not yet standardized by an Icecat editor.
created/standardized by Icecat: the data-sheet is created or standardized by an Icecat editor.
Product views: 5093
This statistic is based on the 97136 using ecommerce sites (eshops, distributors, comparison sites, ecommerce ASPs, purchase systems, etc) downloading this Icecat data-sheet. Only sponsoring brands are included in the free Open Icecat content distribution as used by 94642 free Open Icecat users.
Info modified on: 18 Jun 2024 23:52:55
The date of the most recent change of this product data-sheet in Icecat.
Product Brochure/Datasheet (1.4 MB)
Here, we only show product PDFs of sponsoring brands that joined Open Icecat. As Full Icecat channel partner login to see all product data or request a Full Icecat subscription.
Bullet Points Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black
Each of several items in a list, preceded by a bullet symbol for emphasis. For easy access to this data, refer to the "BulletPoints" tag in XML or JSON.
:
  • - Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • - Intel Core i7-10510U (8MB Cache, 1.8GHz)
  • - 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS, NVIDIA GeForce MX250 (2GB GDDR5)
  • - 16GB (2400MHz) DDR4-SDRAM (1 x 8) & 1000GB SSD
Long product name Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black :
The long product name of Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black. For easy access to this data, refer to the "ProductDescription" block and the "ShortDesc" tag in XML or the "Description" block and the "LongProductName" tag in JSON.

Intel Core i7-10510U (8MB Cache, 1.8GHz), 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 1000GB SSD, 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS, Intel UHD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce MX250 (2GB GDDR5), LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 10 Home 64-bit
More>>>
Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black:
The official description of Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black as supplied by the manufacturer. For easy access to this data, refer to the "ProductDescription" block and the "LongDesc" tag in XML or the "Description" block and the "LongDesc" tag in JSON.

Dazzle yourself & others

Choose dramatic Dolby Vision® high-dynamic-range (HDR) technology, available on the WQHD panel that boasts increased brightness, expanded contrast, amazingly accurate colors, and refined detail. Combine with discrete graphics and the T490 is perfect for working with multimedia. Or go with the FHD low-power option for enhanced battery life. No matter which display you choose, the T490 features a new bezel design with a larger display area.

Tested for battle, built for life

Like all ThinkPads, the T490 is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure they run in extreme conditions. From the Arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero gravity to spills and drops, you can trust this laptop to handle whatever life throws your way.

Go from 0 to 80 in 60

The T490 delivers up to 16.1 hours of battery life*. And if you’re running low, Rapid Charge technology provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a 60-minute lunch break or a layover can easily boost your battery up to more than 12 hours. What more could you need for life on the go?

Stay connected

Whether you’re out in the world or working at your desk, the T490 keeps you connected. The optional LTE-A card keeps you up and running worldwide*. Or use the ThinkPad Pro Dock (sold separately), a USB-C side mechanical docking station that easily connects with two male Type-C ports that slide into and automatically level your device. Once docked, your ThinkPad stays securely in place and connects to all of your peripherals—and it’s shared across all newer ThinkPads.

What happens on your PC stays on your PC

Unless you decide to share it. The T490 offers an FHD panel with PrivacyGuard—an exclusive technology that narrows the field of view of the screen info from all angles other than head-on. ThinkShutter, a physical cover that ensures your camera is on only when you want it to be, is now available on all camera options. You can also add an optional IR (infrared) camera and optional touch fingerprint reader for biometric login.

Short summary description Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black:
This short summary of the Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black data-sheet is auto-generated and uses the product title and the first six key specs.

Lenovo ThinkPad T490, Intel® Core™ i7, 1.8 GHz, 35.6 cm (14"), 1920 x 1080 pixels, 16 GB, 1 TB

Long summary description Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black:
This is an auto-generated long summary of Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black based on the first three specs of the first five spec groups.

Lenovo ThinkPad T490. Product type: Laptop, Form factor: Clamshell. Processor family: Intel® Core™ i7, Processor model: i7-10510U, Processor frequency: 1.8 GHz. Display diagonal: 35.6 cm (14"), HD type: Full HD, Display resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels. Internal memory: 16 GB, Internal memory type: DDR4-SDRAM. Total storage capacity: 1 TB, Storage media: SSD. On-board graphics card model: Intel® UHD Graphics. Operating system installed: Windows 10 Home. Product colour: Black

Design
Product type *
Laptop
Product colour *
Black
Form factor *
Clamshell
Display
Display diagonal *
35.6 cm (14")
Display resolution *
1920 x 1080 pixels
Touchscreen *
No
HD type
Full HD
Panel type
IPS
LED backlight
Yes
Native aspect ratio
16:9
Processor
Processor manufacturer *
Intel
Processor family *
Intel® Core™ i7
Processor generation
10th gen Intel® Core™ i7
Processor model *
i7-10510U
Processor cores
Processor threads
Processor boost frequency
4.9 GHz
Processor frequency *
1.8 GHz
System bus rate
4 GT/s
Processor cache
8 MB
Processor socket
BGA 1528
Processor lithography
14 nm
Processor operating modes
64-bit
Processor codename
Comet Lake
Thermal Design Power (TDP)
15 W
Configurable TDP-up frequency
2.3 GHz
Configurable TDP-up
25 W
Configurable TDP-down
10 W
Configurable TDP-down frequency
0.8 GHz
Tjunction
100 °C
Maximum number of PCI Express lanes
PCI Express slots version
PCI Express configurations
1x4, 2x2, 1x2+2x1, 4x1
Memory
Internal memory *
16 GB
Internal memory type
DDR4-SDRAM
Memory clock speed
2400 MHz
Memory form factor
On-board + SO-DIMM
Memory layout (slots x size)
1 x 8 GB
Memory slots
1x SO-DIMM
Maximum internal memory *
48 GB
Storage
Total storage capacity *
1 TB
Storage media *
SSD
Total SSDs capacity
1 TB
Number of SSDs installed
SSD capacity
1 TB
Optical drive type *
No
Card reader integrated
Yes
Compatible memory cards
MicroSD (TransFlash)
Graphics
Discrete graphics card model *
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250
Discrete graphics card memory
2 GB
Discrete graphics memory type
GDDR5
On-board graphics card *
Yes
On-board GPU manufacturer
Intel
Discrete graphics card *
Yes
On-board graphics card model *
Intel® UHD Graphics
On-board graphics card base frequency
300 MHz
On-board graphics card dynamic frequency (max)
1150 MHz
Maximum on-board graphics card memory
32 GB
Number of execution units
On-board graphics card DirectX version
On-board graphics card OpenGL version
On-board graphics card ID
0x9B41
Audio
Audio chip
Realtek ALC3287
Audio system
Dolby Audio Premium
Number of built-in speakers
Speaker power
2 W
Built-in microphone
Yes
Number of microphones
Camera
Front camera
Yes
Front camera HD type
HD
Network
Top Wi-Fi standard *
Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
Wi-Fi standards
802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n), Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
Antenna type
2x2
WLAN controller model
Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201
Ethernet LAN
Yes
Ethernet LAN data rates
10, 100, 1000 Mbit/s
Network
Bluetooth
Yes
Bluetooth version
Ports & interfaces
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity *
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-C ports quantity *
USB 3.2 Gen 2 (3.1 Gen 2) Type-C ports quantity
Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports
HDMI ports quantity *
HDMI version
1.4b
Headphone outputs
Microphone in
No
Combo headphone/mic port
Yes
Docking connector
Yes
Charging port type
USB Type-C
USB Type-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode
Yes
USB Power Delivery
Yes
USB Sleep-and-Charge
Yes
USB Sleep-and-Charge ports
Keyboard
Pointing device
ThinkPad UltraNav
Numeric keypad *
No
Keyboard backlit
Yes
Spill-resistant keyboard
Yes
Software
Operating system architecture
64-bit
Operating system installed *
Windows 10 Home
Processor special features
Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)
Yes
Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)
Yes
Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)
Yes
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
Yes
Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)
Yes
Intel Clear Video Technology
Yes
Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology
Yes
Intel Flex Memory Access
Yes
Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)
Yes
Intel Trusted Execution Technology
No
Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
Yes
Intel® Secure Key
Yes
Intel TSX-NI
No
Intel Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP)
No
Intel® OS Guard
Yes
Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX)
Yes
Intel 64
Yes
Execute Disable Bit
Yes
Idle States
Yes
Thermal Monitoring Technologies
Yes
Processor package size
46 x 24 mm
Supported instruction sets
SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX 2.0
CPU configuration (max)
Embedded options available
No
Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
Yes
Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
Yes
Processor ARK ID
Battery
Battery technology
Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
Battery capacity *
50 Wh
Battery life (max)
16.11 h
Security
Cable lock slot
Yes
Fingerprint reader
Yes
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
Yes
Password protection
Yes
Password protection type
HDD, Power on, Supervisor
Certificates
Compliance certificates
RoHS
Sustainability
Sustainability certificates
ENERGY STAR
Weight & dimensions
Width
329 mm
Depth
227 mm
Height
17.9 mm
Source Testseek summary Average rating
Reviews
Updated:
2020-06-08 05:50:57
Uk has collected 50 expert reviews for Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Intel® Core™ i7 i7-10510U Laptop 35.6 cm (14") Full HD 16 GB DDR4-SDRAM 1 TB SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Windows 10 Home Black and the average expert rating is 87 of 100. The average score reflects the expert community’s view on this product. Click below and use Uk to see all ratings, product awards and conclusions.
87%
Source Review comments Score
Digitaltrends.com
Updated:
2020-06-08 05:50:55
Want a great price on a laptop this holiday season? Check out our favorite Black Friday laptop deals.The Lenovo ThinkPad T490 is a boring laptop. But sometimes boring is good — like economy sedans that are unparalleled at getting human beings from point A...
Good Excellent build quality, Superior keyboard and great touchpad, Very long battery life, Option for discrete graphics...
Bad Not the thinnest or lightest around, Substandard display for the price...
Bottom line No, unless you care most about the keyboard or durability.Editors' RecommendationsThe best business laptops for 2020 The best 4K laptops Dell Inspiron 15 7000 review: Powerful, affordable, and expandable The best OLED laptops for 2020 Acer ConceptD 9 revi...
70%
notebookcheck.net
Updated:
2020-06-08 05:50:54
Small CPU refresh. Lenovo is refreshing its ThinkPad T490 one last time before the impending launch of the ThinkPad T14. The update is so minor, however, that you can opt for last year's ThinkPad T490 or just wait for the ThinkPad T14 instead without miss...
Good deeper key travel than most Ultrabooks, TrackPoint and mouse keys, 4G LTE WAN option, matte touchscreen, easy serviceability, Wi-Fi 6...
Bad high temperatures when under load, smaller battery than ThinkPad T480, no 6-core Core i7-10710U option, no internal 2.5-inch SATA III bay, thick top and bottom bezels, non-upgradeable RAM, webcam shutter...
Bottom line As noted in our initial overview of the series, the raw performance benefits of Comet Lake-U over Whiskey Lake-U are marginal save for the hexa-core Core i7-10710U which is unfortunately not available on the ThinkPad T490. Instead, users can only configur...
86%
ubergizmo.com
Updated:
2020-06-08 05:50:55
Introduced earlier this year, the Lenovo ThinkPad T490 is a “do it all” business laptop that has a wide gamut of possible configurations, making it simple to deploy to various roles, from office workers to developer or even creative staff.Data shows that...
Bottom line The Lenovo T490 (official US product page) is designed as a business laptop, and it shows. It puts aside a lot of typical consumer product “wants,” such as a thin body and glam design in favor of incredibly flexible configuration options and a ton of port...
89%
notebookcheck.net
Updated:
More pixels and less battery life. Like the ThinkPad X1 Extreme before it, the 14-inch ThinkPad T490 also gets a higher resolution WQHD panel with 100% AdobeRGB color-space coverage. The excellent image quality is countered by a reflective display surface...
Good robust case, more compact and lighter than the predecessor, diverse equipment, very comfortable input devices, bright and saturated display with a high color-space coverage, above average CPU performance, 25-watt version of the MX250 is used, fan is most...
Bad very reflective display with significantly increased power demands, no color profile for sRGB, no full-sized SD card slot anymore, Thunderbolt 3 is only connected with two PCIe lanes, case is hard to open, high case temperatures, throttling in the stress...
Bottom line – The WQHD panel is just not quite suitable for the T490The reflective WQHD panel didn't really convince us in the ThinkPad T490. On one hand, the image quality is very good and those who need color-space coverage that is as large as possible in the lapt...
87%
notebookcheck.net
Updated:
Better without NVIDIA? We are already well acquainted with the ThinkPad T490, having reviewed the model with an NVIDIA GPU only last month. Now it is time for the model with only an Intel GPU to be subjected to our tests, but how will it perform in the ab...
Good robust design, more compact and lighter than its predecessor, varied connectivity, comfortable input devices, bright & colour accurate display, frugal Full HD panel, above-average CPU performance, fan typically remains switched off, decent battery life...
Bad display has poor reaction times, no full-sized SD card slot, Thunderbolt 3 only utilises 2 PCIe lanes, case is difficult to open, no Power Bridge support...
Bottom line The Lenovo ThinkPad T490-20N2004EGE laptop review. Test device courtesy of notebooksandmore.de.The Lenovo ThinkPad T490 is an excellent business laptop with or without an NVIDIA GPU. The model without an NVIDIA chip is slightly better than the technically...
91%
laptopmedia.com
Updated:
You can get it with a capable Whiskey Lake processor, a 1080p or WQHD IPS panel and an optional LTE card slot, so you can take your business practically anywhere. It also has one significant feature that distinguishes it from the more budget ThinkPad E490...
Good Industrial build quality, The display doesn't use PWM to adjust its brightness levels (LG Display LP140WF3-SPD2), Pleasant spill-resistant keyboard with long travel and clicky feedback, Great I/O selection, Supports Thunderbolt, Charges with USB Type-C...
Bad Warms up under heavy load, Its display covers only 52% of sRGB (LG Display LP140WF3-SPD2), Micro SD instead of a full-sized SD card reader...
Bottom line Lenovo ThinkPad T490 is a great laptop for the average businessman. No matter whether you work with spreadsheets, SQL or other databases, or you are just traveling with your own work – this laptop is going to provide you with everything you need. In addit...
0%
neowin.net
Updated:
The T-series is Lenovo's best-selling ThinkPad, with its promise of being the workhorse of the range. This year's model doesn't have the hot swappable battery feature that it's had in previous generations, but there are some meaningful improvements.For th...
Bottom line The cool thing about the ThinkPad T490 is that it costs under $1,600 and it's so great all-around. This really isn't an expensive machine for all of the things that it includes. It has the Core i7, the 16GB RAM, a 1TB SSD, and a 1440p Dolby Vision display...
80%
slashgear.com
Updated:
Joining its new ThinkPad X390 ultrabook comes the new Lenovo ThinkPad T490, a business laptop packing the latest Intel hardware alongside a 14-inch Ultra HD display, the latest security features, and the company's classic business notebook design. The mod...
Good Excellent display and keyboard, Classic and durable ThinkPad design, Optional micro-SIM, IR cam, and PrivacyGuard, USB-C charging with rapid charge support, Numerous built-in ports...
Bad Battery doesn't make it through a full work day, Exterior easily forms fingerprint smudges...
Bottom line If you're looking for an ultrabook but aren't interested in the X Series and its new X390 model, the T490 is a nice substitute. Users enjoy a nice compromise between portability and performance, the model has a large variety of ports that drastically redu...
90%
notebookcheck.net
Updated:
Slimmer is better – or is it? The ThinkPad T490 is a radical redesign of the central ThinkPad series, the T series. Lenovo emphasizes a much improved mobility with a more compact, thinner, and lighter case. This begs the question whether Lenovo had to mak...
Good sturdy case, more compact & lighter than the predecessor, various connection options, very comfortable input devices, bright & colorful low-power FHD LCD, above-average CPU performance, utilizes the 25 W version of the MX250, fan is turned off most of th...
Bad display with bad response times, no full-size SD card reader, Thunderbolt 3 with just two PCIe lanes, case is difficult to open, case gets hot under load, throttling during the stress test, coil whine & speaker noise, less flexible without PowerBridge...
Bottom line On paper, it is clear that the Lenovo ThinkPad T490 is the successor of the ThinkPad T480. But in reality, the design of the ThinkPad T490 is radically different, which makes it appropriate to call it a mix of the T480 and T480s rather than a straight suc...
90%