ThinkPad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (3M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB), 2GB, 160GB HDD, 14.1" 1280x800 LCD, Intel GMA 4500 MHD, DVD-RW, 802.11a/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth, Windows Vista Business Edition
Take a load off
Our thinnest, lightest T Series notebooks ever start at just 3.91 lbs. and .83 inches thin so you can do business on the go.
Industry-leading battery life
Business can't wait for your battery to charge. Get up to 18 hours when you add a Slice 9-cell battery (available on T410 and T510 models) for all-day computing.
Work longer with energy-saving features
- Lenovo Battery Stretch lets you make temporary selections in extreme situations to extend battery life.
- Switchable graphics on T410s lets you move to lower-quality graphics when you need to maximize mobile computing time.
- Integrated graphics reduce power consumption by using graphics already onboard the Intel CPU.
- Solid-state storage drives use less battery power and create less heat.
- Optical disk drive and audio automatically switch to a low power state when there's no activity.
- Green Power Scheme and ThinkPad EnergySaver technology help preserve mobile computing time.
These portable powerhouses feature high-end processors and graphics for lightning-fast performance and durable, reliable data storage. Intel® Turbo Memory and solid-state storage drives (both on select models) speed boot and application load times.
T Series laptops give you superior graphics performance.
Switchable graphics let you power-up stunning graphics for important presentations, then power them down to preserve battery life. And they're easy to use. Just hot-key between Performance and Power Saving modes, or switch via the software user interface. No reboot required!
LED backlit displays are mercury-free and generate 25% brighter displays, boast crisper colors, consume less power and weigh 70 grams less than conventional CCFL displays. Use the wide dimming range to reduce brightness while still experiencing a clear display in dim environments.
16:9 aspect ratio on T510 models gives you an enhanced viewing experience.
DisplayPort video port (on select models) lets you attach a high-resolution digital DVI monitor using a DisplayPort connector. Use this next-generation display interface technology for everything from notebooks to monitors to TVs to projectors.
Next-generation design and usability
The new T410, T510 and T410s models feature a sleek, industrial design: clean lines, a symmetrical display and wider hinges. Plus, our next-generation keyboard and touchpad* not only have a more modern look, they're easier to use:
- Larger, vertical Esc and Delete keys
- Minimized key spacing
- LEDs on CapsLk key and power-on and mute buttons
- VoIP Fn+F6 hotkey combination
- LEDs on fingerprint reader
- 27% larger multitouch touchpad with wider left- and right-click buttons
Easy-to-use touch screen
Our T410s notebooks feature Lenovo's optional multitouch panel. Indulge in the latest touch-screen technology that lets you naturally interact with applications—by simply using your fingers.
- One- and two-finger gestures to pan, zoom, rotate, right-click and more
- Enhanced sensitivity and accuracy for effortless usability
- SimpleTap for easy finger-tap access to ThinkPad hardware controls via on-screen tiles and sliders (on select models)
- New four-finger manipulation for object manipulation, two-hand image movement and even two-person collaboration
T Series offers several ways to connect for the best wireless performance:
- Gigabit Ethernet
- WWAN (with GPS) or with Gobi™ technology for 3G-speed access (select models)
- Bluetooth® 2.1
- WLAN support
And like all ThinkPad models, T Series notebooks come with convenient Access Connections™ software to manage your connectivity options as you move from location to location.
T Series laptops are all business, offering the best security, manageability, services and support.
- Lenovo's exclusive ThinkVantage® Technologies
- Integrated fingerprint reader
- Intel® Anti-Theft protection and Intel® vPro™ technology
- Enterprise operating system support
- Global availability
- Robust enterprise warranties
Exceptional VoIP features
Simplify Web conferencing with our intuitive and convenient VoIP features (on select T Series models):
- Next-generation 2-megapixel Web camera
- Fn+F6 hotkey shortcut
- Dual digital array microphone
- Noise and echo cancellation
- Reduction in capturing ambient noise
- Microphone and audio mute buttons with LEDs
- Easy-to-configure VoIP software
Green features come standard
- EPEAT Gold qualified and ENERGY STAR®-rated laptops
- LED backlit, mercury-free displays
- Less power usage with dual-core processors than with standard-voltage processors
- Cooler and quieter
- Less power usage than previous T Series models with switchable graphics
- Less power usage with SSDs than standard hard drives
- Low 25-watt processor technology
- Extended battery life and less waste with Battery Stretch
- Reusable packaging designed for at least 5 reuses
- Energy Calculator to calculate power savings for your system configuration
Full-sized, ergonomic keyboard
The comfortable ThinkPad keyboard comes on all T Series laptops, and select models feature our next-generation keyboard.
Zoom, scroll and rotate right from the touchpad on select models.
Mini docks Series 3 expansion
New Series 3 mini docks are available on select T Series notebooks, featuring up to 6 USB ports, two DisplayPorts, two DVI ports, an eSATA port and much more!
Multimedia card reader
T Series models feature multimedia card readers supporting many popular multimedia card formats.
Always-on USB port
An always-on USB port (on select T Series models)—easily identifiable by the yellow color—lets you charge your smart phone, mp3 player or other USB devices, even when your notebook is in standby or hibernate mode or when your system is off but plugged in using AC power.
Combination eSATA/USB 2.0 port
Acts as a USB 2.0 or eSATA port by plugging into either the top or bottom edge (on select models).
Solid-state storage drive
Samsung SSD launches applications faster and eliminates hard-drive crashes, protecting your valuable data.
Cool and quiet
A third-generation fan and Adaptive Thermal Technology combine to make the new ThinkPad T Series the coolest and quietest ever.
Lenovo laptop skins
Customize your Lenovo laptop or netbook with a skin from Fathead.
Lenovo ThinkPad T400, Intel® Core™2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 35.8 cm (14.1"), 1280 x 800 pixels, 2 GB, 160 GB
Lenovo ThinkPad T400. Product type: Notebook, Form factor: Clamshell. Processor family: Intel® Core™2 Duo, Processor model: P8600, Processor frequency: 2.4 GHz. Display diagonal: 35.8 cm (14.1"), Display resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels. Internal memory: 2 GB, Internal memory type: DDR3-SDRAM. Total storage capacity: 160 GB, Storage media: HDD, Optical drive type: DVD-RW. On-board graphics adapter model: Intel® GMA 4500MHD. Operating system installed: Windows Vista Business. Product colour: Black