ThinkPad SL500, T5870(2GHz), 3GB RAM, 250GB 5400rpm HD, 39.116 cm (15.4 ") 1280x800 LCD, Intel 4500MHD, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Fingerprint reader, 6c Li-Ion, WinXP Pro
The Thinkpad SL Series has the reliability and durability small businesses require. It has the quality the ThinkPad brand is known for, as well as services and features tailored to meet their specific needs.
The last thing you need to worry about if you are out calling on a client is how to connect to the internet. The ThinkPad SL comes standard with WLAN built in, and offers a variety of available wireless connectivity options. The WWANted feature gives you embedded WWAN capability for faster connectivity, upload and download times. You can take advantage of your carrier's entire network, instead of being concerned with connecting to a specific LAN.
ThinkPad SL Series notebooks feature Intel® Centrino® 2 technology. Notebooks with Intel® Centrino® 2 technology helps keep your workforce mobile, managed and secure. With hardware-assisted remote isolation, diagnostics and repair, you can manage your mobile workforce wirelessly, even if the system's OS is unresponsive.
And with industry-leading performance1, you'll get faster wireless connectivity speeds and the longest possible battery life. Free up your workforce and experience mobile computing without limits. Get industry-leading performance from Intel.
Other technology features available on ThinkPad SL Series notebooks include:
- Integrated or discrete graphics - Intel® integrated graphics are ideal for Web browsing and business applications. Or for extra horsepower such as 3D applications, try the discrete graphics solutions from NVIDIA®.
- High definition audio and video - Thinkpad SL series gives you best-in-class audio and video, including optional Blu-Ray high definition DVD optioncal drives and and HDMI port standard on all models.
- High-resolution widescreen displays - Bright, easy-to-view displays up to 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) and 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680x1050).
Contemporary, stylish design
Like every ThinkPad, the SL Series is black to give it a serious, businesslike exterior. Its glossy finish gives it an edgier, more personalized look. It's vibrant-view and anti-glare displays deliver an outstanding picture, whether viewing spreadsheets or watching videos.
Lenovo is committed to protecting the environment and keeping your energy costs low. And we're especially proud that the ThinkPad SL400 and SL500 earned an EPEAT Silver rating from the Green Energy Council. To earn a silver rating, the ThinkPad SL400 and SL500 had to pass a set of 23 required performance criteria and 50% of the optional criteria in 8 categories.
The new Energy Star 4.0 label attests to their superior efficiency and low emissions.
The ENERGY STAR® 4.0 label requires that discrete graphics models in idle state consume less than 22W power, integrated graphics models less than 14W. This lowers operating costs, obviously. However, it also means reduced energy costs and heat emissions, making the ThinkPad SL notebook a wise choice for the environment and your business.
Service and support
Lenovo is known worldwide for the unique support tools and other services we provide for our systems and the customers who buy them.
- ThinkVantage™ Productivity Center provides unique self-help tools and is accessible from a dedicated keyboard key.
- Online e-support gives you 24-hour access to product documentation and driver downloads.
- Lenovo Experts Live makes it possible to get expert technical assistance on-demand.
- ThinkPlus Maintenance and Protection Services offers enhanced coverage for special needs.
Lenovo ThinkPad ThinkPad SL500. Processor family: Intel Core 2 Duo, Processor model: T5870, Processor frequency: 2 GHz. Display diagonal: 39.1 cm (15.4"), Display resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels. Internal memory: 3 GB, Internal memory type: DDR2-SDRAM. Total storage capacity: 250 GB. Optical drive type: DVD-RW. Discrete graphics adapter. Operating system installed: Windows XP Professional