8-Port Wireless Switch with PoE
The D-Link AirPremier® MobileLAN™ DWS-1008 is a wireless LAN switch optimized for deployment in the Small-Medium Enterprise (SME) environment. The DWS-1008 is designed to allow easy user installation and operation yet support advanced wireless switch features such as secure mobility, policy enforcement, and AAA and 802.1x offload capabilities. The D-Link MobileLAN solution is powered by Trapeze Networks and executes Trapeze Networks’ Mobility System Software (MSS), which maintains the intelligence of the MobileLAN system. In addition to managing users’ identities as they roam, the DWS-1008 configures and controls all aspects of the complementing DWL-8220APs.
The MobileLAN DWS-1008 supports Administration, Authorization, and Authentication (AAA) policies to ensure maximum security. Rather than checking the identity of a connecting user from the switch’s local database, user authentication policies can be sent back to an AAA server for complete verification. This offloading capability ensures that the WLAN will not overload when clients are simultaneously connecting to the network.
This wireless switch delivers Identity-based Networking, which provides user-based services such as virtual private group membership, personal firewall filters, time-of-day/day-of-week access, encryption type, authentication, usage tracking, location tracking, and associated network statistics. Authorizations stay with users wherever they roam because all deployed DWS-1008s share stored information, ensuring secure access and connectivity to the right services.
The DWS-1008 includes eight 10/100Mbps ports with integrated PoE to enable network connectivity to any connected DWL-8220AP. It is designed for distributed deployments in the wiring closet or small or medium offices. It can support up to six directly connected DWL-8220APs and up to six more DWL-8220APs connected indirectly (Mobile Access Points, MAP).
The DWS-1008 performs Layer 2 forwarding and also comes with extensive Layer 3-4 and identity-tracking capabilities. It integrates seamlessly with wired infrastructures and offers redundant load-sharing links, 802.1Q trunking, Spanning Tree and per-VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST+). It also supports IGMP Snooping, which is vital to supporting IP multicast streams.
- Tracks and maintains user authentication as users roam throughout the network
- Intelligently designates users to virtual private groups based on user’s authenticated identity
- Provides scaled, resilient, integrated AAA back-end infrastructure
- Centrally managed user authentication policies via AAA backend
- Provides key management for each security protocol
- Configures and controls all connected access points
- Etherchannel™ load-shared, redundant links
- Spanning Tree and per-VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST+)
- Resilient Network Attachment via Any DWX Port
- 802.11i (WPA2), WPA-Enterprise, WPA-Personal, WEP
- 802.1x user authentication
- SSL & TLS
- Supports 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Locking Brackets Included
- Telnet server, client
- SSH v2
D-Link 8-Port Wireless Switch with PoE, Power over Ethernet (PoE)
D-Link 8-Port Wireless Switch with PoE. Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity: 8. Networking standards: IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.1Q,IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3af,IEEE 802.3u. Power over Ethernet (PoE)