NBA 08, PlayStation 3, Sports
In NBA '08, players can use the all-new progression system to earn skill and experience rewards that can be used to thoroughly customize player appearance and play styles. With upgraded controls that utilize broader SIXAXIS wireless controller functionality, gamers can also engage in an all-new variety of offensive and defensive basketball moves.
For the first time NBA '08 also introduces a comprehensive and in-depth audio commentary with top broadcast talent Kevin Calabro of the Sonics for play-by-play, and Mark Jackson for color analysis. The game also features a retro-looking user interface and an online system with player profiles and quick play options.
- All-New Progression System: NBA '08 introduces a new system of rewarding players for game exploration and advancement by providing numerous customizable player options. As gamers play NBA '08, they will be challenged to complete tasks and goals that will earn experience. In turn, experience can be used to customize characters and show them off as status symbols of game achievement
- Utilizing an online hub where players can readily share game features and data, NBA '08 provides a streamlined approach for online basketball gaming
- Back to test the skills of the most hardcore NBA fans, NBA Replay is once again available for players to re-enact great performances from the '06 - '07 season and work through the entire past season's worth of memorable gameplay scenarios.
- Returning with an all-new set of upcoming highlight-reel plays, Games of the Week allows players to download five scenarios each week involving real NBA games from the upcoming '07 - '08 season and attempt to replay those magical moments within the game
- NBA '08 delivers the sights and sounds of an NBA broadcast to the user with authentic play-by-play and in-depth color commentary
- In addition to the core fundamentals of gameplay, NBA '08 improves on team gameplay elements. Offensive and defensive player positioning is more authentic, where players space themselves correctly on offense and defenders react more realistically to shots, layups, and shifts in offense. Passing and catching is revamped to reward users with good shots when a quality pass is made
- Expanded Sixaxis functionality
- A contact mechanism takes into account a player's momentum when pushing into one another, introducing a physical (as opposed to finesse) game play mechanic
- Animation variety is significantly increased, featuring a variety of new passing and dribbling styles, defensive postures that include high and wide coverage, as well as new looks for box out and post-up activity
- Arenas have more life with more dynamic movement and animations, particularly with coaches, bench players, and crowd
- Utilizing a refined version of lighting and shader techniques, NBA '08 produces characters that look more authentic and realistic than ever
- NBA '08 continues to deliver high definition at 60 frames per second
- Play on your own or against friends in multiple mini-games including Own The Court, 3-Point Shootout, and the PlayStation Skills Challenge
Sony NBA 08, PlayStation 3, E (Everyone)
Sony NBA 08. Platform: PlayStation 3, ESRB rating: E (Everyone), Developer: SCE San Diego Studio