2510-24 Switch + X121 1G SFP LC SX Transceiver (J4858C)
Designed to provide essential solutions to small and medium businesses, the HP 2510 Switch Series consists of four Layer 2-managed switches that provide reliable 10/100 and 10/100/1000 connectivity. Building off of the popularity of the HP 2510-24 Switch, a 24-port 10/100 switch with two dual-personality ports, the 2510 switch series has expanded to include a higher-density HP 2510-48 Switch, with 48 10/100 ports and four Gigabit Ethernet uplinks. Additionally, the 2510-G switches add Gigabit Ethernet to the 2510 series, with the 2510G-24 and 2510G-48 switches, which are 24- and 48-port 10/100/1000 switches, each with four dual-personality ports, making them ideal for businesses that are ready to upgrade to increased network performance.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic
- 10/100 and 10/100/1000 connectivity: provides customers with the choice of selecting the network connectivity speed that best meets their needs, with a consistent user experience
- Gigabit uplinks: E2510-24 and E2510-48 switches: the E2510-24 switch has two dual-personality ports for either 10/100/1000 or mini-GBIC connectivity; the E2510-48 switch has four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can all be used concurrently with two 10/100/1000 ports and two open mini-GBIC slots. E2510G-24 and E2510G-48 switches: four dual-personality ports for 10/100/1000 or SFP ports for optional fiber connectivity such as Gigabit-SX, -LX, and -LH, or 100-FX.
- HP Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 copper ports
Resiliency and high availability
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree: provides high link availability in multiple VLAN environments by allowing multiple spanning trees; provides legacy support for IEEE 802.1d and IEEE 802.1w
- IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and HP trunking: - E2510-24 switch supports up to two 10/100 trunks each with four links/ports plus one Gigabit Ethernet trunk. - E2510-48 switch supports up to 24 trunks with eight links/ports per trunk. - E2510-24G & E2510-48G switches support up to 24 trunks with eight links/ports per trunk.
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): provides automated device discovery protocol for easy mapping by network management applications
- RMON: provides advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events
- Full-featured console: provides complete control of the switch with a familiar command-line interface (CLI)
- Web interface: allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser on the network
- Single IP Address Management: provides single IP address management for a virtual stack of up to 16 switches
Layer 2 switching
- VLAN support and tagging: support up to 64 port-based VLANs and dynamic configuration of IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging, providing security between workgroups
- GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
- Jumbo packet support: supports up to 9216-byte frame size to improve the performance of large data transfers (2510G models only)
- Protected ports: provides increased security by allowing specified ports to be isolated from all other ports on the switch; the protected port or ports can communicate only with the uplinks or shared resources
- Multiple user authentication methods: IEEE 802.1X: is an industry-standard method of user authentication using an IEEE 802.1X supplicant on the client in conjunction with a RADIUS server. Web-based authentication: similar to IEEE 802.1X, it provides a browser-based environment to authenticate clients that do not support the IEEE 802.1X supplicant. MAC-based authentication: client is authenticated with the RADIUS server based on the client's MAC address.
- Guest VLAN: isolates guest and unauthorized user traffic to a separate VLAN
- Port security: allows access only to specified MAC addresses, which can be learned or specified by the administrator
- MAC address lockout: prevents particular configured MAC addresses from connecting to the network
- IP multicast snooping: automatically prevents flooding of IP multicast traffic
HP ProCurve 2510-24 + X121 1G SFP LC SX, Managed, L2, Full duplex, Rack mounting, 1U
HP ProCurve 2510-24 + X121 1G SFP LC SX. Switch type: Managed, Switch layer: L2. Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity: 24, Console port: RJ-45. Full duplex. MAC address table: 8000 entries, Switching capacity: 8.8 Gbit/s. Networking standards: IEEE 802.1p,IEEE 802.1Q,IEEE 802.1s,IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3ab,IEEE 802.3ad,IEEE 802.3u,IEEE 802.3x. Rack mounting, Form factor: 1U