What is Icecat?
Open IcecatOpen Icecat is a worldwide unique open catalog with product data-sheets in co-operation with high tech sponsoring brands and online channel partners. Open Icecat data-sheets are fully approved by the sponsoring manufacturers and are distributed for free to the online channel.
Thanks to the direct connection between Icecat and the sponsoring manufacturers, everyday Icecat is able to import their portfolio of products which will then be controlled and standardized by Icecat’s editorial team.
Open Icecat contains more than half a million datasheets of IT, CE, Telecom, DIY, Lighting, FMCG and Office supply brands standardized in easy online formats for easy implementing, categorizing, filtering, searching and comparing of products. The most popular and new products are quickly described as soon they are in the market.
What rich content is included in an Open Icecat data-sheet?
- Brand name
- Manufacturer Part Number
- Categorization (UNSPSC based)
- Product images (unlimited)
- Multimedia content (demos, product video’s)
- Multilingual marketing text
- Standardized specifications for search & compare
- Leaflets, User manuals (PDF)
- Options (related products)
- Alternative products
- General Data: release date, modification date
- Logistic data: EAN/UPC code, weight & dimensions
How to get started?
- The most cost-efficient content solution for all
- Fully sponsored by manufacturers
- Manufacturer-approved product content
- Easy to integrate
- International Standard
- Broad coverage in IT, CE, Telecom, Office, Do It Yourself, Health & Beauty, FMCG
- Rich product information Product identifiers, extensive specifications, images, multimedia, digital documents, multilingual marketing texts, searchable attributes, related products
- Easy to match your portfolio Manufacturer part numbers, EAN/UPC codes, category and model/family names are available for matching
- Seamless integration Easy to integrate in your ERP or webshop in XML or URL formats
- Open Content License Distribution under the Open Content License Agreement